I just recently purchased a new Taste Of Home recipe book and found this recipe. It sounds really yummy and different. I want to make it for the holidays this year, so I haven't tried it yet, but wanted to add it to my blog so I will have it here for easy access.
6 large sweet potatoes(about 4 1/2 pounds)
1 can(20 oz.) pineapple chunks
1 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1/2 c. butter,cubed
16 maraschino cherries
ground cinnamon
Place sweet potatoes in a dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel and cut each potato lengthwise into quarters;cut each quarter into two or three wedges. Place in greased 13x9 baking dish.
Drain pineapple,reserving juice. Sprinkle pineapple over potatoes. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the reserved pineapple juice until blended. Add butter. Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Pour over potatoes and pineapple. Top with cherries;sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.



4 comments:
You have two lovely blogs!
I love Taste of Home Cookbooks. We have several meal favorites from them.
Have a great weekend!
Patti you always share the most amazing sounding recipes. Yummy!
~Blessings, ~Melissa :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog last night Patti. I just bought that same Taste of Home magazine/cookbook last night. I almost missed out on it, they were tossing old magazines as I was looking for it. But I found one on a checkout aisle. I saw that recipe in there too. I saw LOTS of recipes that I want to try this month!
I LOVE!!! sweet potatoes and this recipe looks and sounds WONDERFUL!!! GREAT!!! combination of flavors for one of my favorites.
Come by and visit I have an AWESOME!! award for you.
http://heartnsoulcooking.blogspot.com/2010/02/honest-scrap-award.html
Geri
Post a Comment