February 11, 2010

Sugar Cookies


3/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t. lemon extract
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
Mix together the butter, sugar,eggs and flavoring. Sift flour. Stir flour,baking powder, and salt together; blend in with the butter mixutre. Chill for 1 hour or longer. Roll,cut and bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
Icing:
2 c. sifted powdered sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
3 T. milk (more or less for desired consistency)
Blend sugar,salt and vanilla. Add milk . Tint with a few drops of food coloring. Spread on cookies. May add sprinkles if desired.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love making sugar cookies, it's one of my grand-daughters favorite.

Tina Butler said...

Those are so cute Patty. Since we have a snow day today i think we will bake cookies.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

These cookies look so delicious...I just LOVE sugar cookies...and that frosting looks yummy!

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

Very pretty cookies! I love your food blog. Thank you for following my blog. I love meeting new people! I look forward to all your tasty dishes!
Jennifer