August 2, 2008

Angel Food Cake with Pineapple Filling

I've made this cake several times. Its a great summer dessert.

1 pkg. Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 (20oz.) can crushed pineapple;in it's own juice,undrained
1 c. ( 4oz.) thawed cool whip
1 prepared angel food cake
berries on top

Mix Jello and pineapple with juice. Gently fold in cool whip. Cut cake into 3 layers. Top bottom layer with 1/3 of pineapple mixture. Repeat with each cake layer. Top with berries. Put in fridge for 1 hour.

4 comments:

OKGardners said...

Found you through Southern Hospitality post. This cake looks wonderful! I LOVE your little trailer - I wish the pictures would enlarge so I could see it better. So CUTE!

Betty in Oklahoma
blue.eagle@cox.net

Unknown said...

Patti
This sounds so yummy.Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Happy cooking.
Lisa

Heidi said...

I have made this cake before. I think it was called Pineapple Lush. It is really light and refreshing. A great Easter dish!

ms joy said...

do you mix pudding with just the pineapple and cool whip or do you make the pudding with milk and then add the other ingredients