January 17, 2011

Homemade Granola


I have never been a fan of granola, but a friend/co-worker made this and asked me to try it. I turned her down several times, and finally one day I decided to give it a try on top of my yogurt and I LOVED it! I have since made it myself. It is expensive to make, but it makes a ton and will last quite a while.
Granola
2 c. Grape Nuts Cereal
4 c. old fashioned oats
1 box All Bran Cereal-we used buds
9 oz. pecans
6 oz. almonds
Mix the above together in a large bowl. Heat 1 c. canola oil and 1 c. honey together. Pour over mixture and mix together along with a LOT of cinnamon! Continue stirring together well. Pour into a large pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir and cool. After mixture has cooled, add craisins,dried cranberries or whatever dried fruit you like. I added dried cherries to mine. Let me know how you like it!

4 comments:

Granny Annie said...

My sister-in-law made this for us. It is very good. Do you happen to know the nutritional values on this granola?

Nonnas News said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Granny Annie! I wish I knew the nutritional values of the granola, but I dont. It sure is good though! :)

Medifast Coupon said...

Great looking granola, do you keep in the fridge or the pantry?

Nonnas News said...

the pantry