December 9, 2010

Buckeyes




My mother in law shared this recipe with me years ago when Mike and I first married. I had never heard of buckeyes until she introduced them to me. They have been a favorite of my family ever since. This recipe makes a lot, but can easily be halfed.


2 lbs. peanut butter
1 lb. oleo,melted
3 lbs. powdered sugar
2 pk. chocolate chips
1/2 bar parafin

Mix together with spoon first 3 ingredients. Roll into balls. Dip in chocolate and parafin. Drop on waxed paper. ( I usually chill the balls before dipping)
NOTE: I have started using almond bark instead of the chocolate chips and parrafin. The kids love them dipped in the white almond bark too!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I have never heard of them either, but they sure do look good.
I am going to write it down.
Thanks for posting it'
Have a blessed day.

Tina Butler said...

Now you have me wanting to make buckeyes. Happy Holidays Patti!

Tina Butler said...

I hava a old recipe for peanut butter ballas that calls for oleo and praffin was. I haven't seen that in a recipe in quite a while. I knew immedietyly it was a old recipe when I saw those two ingredients.