December 8, 2009

Santa cookies

photo by Taste of Home

I found another cute recipe to make with your children or grandchildren courtesy of Taste of Home....


Ingredients
12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
Red colored sugar
32 vanilla or white chips
64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
Red colored sugar
32 vanilla or white chips
64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
32 red-hot candies

Directions

In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. Press one vanilla chip off-center on hat for pom-pom; let stand until set.
Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red-hot for nose. Place on waxed paper until se
t. Yield: 32 cookies.


8 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Those are just adorable, Patti! Thanks for sharing!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Stacey said...

Patti, I saw that you signed up to follow my blog and I wanted to say Thanks!

I've scanned back through your recipes and I'm very excited. You seem to like the same kind of things that we do. I will definitely be using some of your recipes.

Simply Life said...

oh those are adorable!

Jane said...

Hi Patti,
I love the food on your blog! Looks yummy! Would you like to exchange blog buttons?

Happy Holidays!
Jane

www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

Too cute!. Nice blog, good recipes.
Mimi

novia said...

hi patty ..
what a colorful blog

sweetjeanette said...

Those are absolutely precious!!! Thanks for stopping by my Christmas Tour of Homes today! I was thrilled to have you there! And I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 15th for the Christmas Goodies Recipe Exchange!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Totallyscrappy said...

Adorable!