January 17, 2009

TEXAS STYLE LASAGNA

1 1/2-2 lbs. ground meat

1 pkg. Taco Seasoning

1 t. seasoned salt

1 can Rotel with chilies

16oz. cottage cheese,small curd

15 oz. tomato sauce

2 eggs,lightly beaten

12 corn tortillas,6 inch,cut in quarters

3-4 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

In a large skillet, cook meat over medium heat;drain. Add the seasoned salt,taco seasoning,Rotel and tomato sauce;reduce heat,simmer,uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
In a small bowl,combine cottage cheese and eggs. In a greased 13x9 baking dish, layer half of the meat sauce,half of the corn torillas,half of the cottage cheese mixture and half the Monterey Jack cheese.Repeat layers. Bake,uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving

4 comments:

Picket said...

Hey Patti..ohhh I am so coping this and saving it! I can't get to your other blog so I will just visit you here...I'm always at home around food anyway! lol lol Thanks for coming by girl and have a great weekend!

Tina Butler said...

That looks so good patti. Thanks for sharing I am so glad you are picking up on Pattis Pantry.

Unknown said...

Patti
I love the sound of this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Donna-FFW said...

I love the sound of this recipe, Patti. I think my kids would LOVE it since they love tacos so much. Thanks for the idea.