April 28, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Soup


This is my son's favorite!! I found this recipe several years ago in a magazine and tweaked it a bit. The original recipe called for cheddar cheese and I thought Velveeta would be so much better because it is so creamy. I also blend the green chilies in the blender with some of the broth because my son loves the flavor of the chilies, but not the texture. This recipe has made it around the town and beyond. Everyone loves it and its so simple to make!

3 cans chicken broth
3 cans cream of chicken soup
1 4oz. can mild green chilies,chopped
2 c. cooked chicken,diced
1/2 t. chili powder
1 lb. velveeta cheese

Mix first 6 ingredients and heat on medium heat until smooth. Reduce heat and add velveeta cheese on low heat. DO NOT BOIL!! Keep stirring so it doesnt stick to bottom of pan until cheese has melted. Serve over torilla chips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love Chicken Enchilada Soup. This is slightly different than the recipe I have. I think I'll try this one next time. Congrats on being a featured recipe on SITS Recipes.