June 20, 2012

My Mom's Pot Roast


My Mom has always made the best pot roast. I decided it was time for me to learn to make it like she does, so here is my attempt. I have to say, it tasted pretty good!!

1 roast
onion
bell pepper
worcheshire sauce
potatoes
carrots

First you sere the roast on each side. I put a small amount of olive oil in the bottom of my dutch oven. Once the roast has been sered, I cut up an onion and bell pepper and placed in the pot along with some seasoning salt. Some fresh garlic might also be good! Cover the roast about half way with water and add at least 1/4 c. or more worcheshire sauce. Put the lid on and bake in the oven for 350 for one hour, then lower the temperature to 300 for another 3 hours. I wait and add the carrots and potatoes the last hour or so of cooking. Once the roast is done, remove it and the veggies from pot. Take a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch and mix with a little water. Stir this into the liquid in the pot. Stir over med. high heat until bubbly and thickens some. Return the roast and veggies to the pot and its ready to serve.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love Pot roast and I always wait to put in the potatoes and carrots until last also. I don't like mushy pots.
Thanks for sharing