

We've been making these cookies in my family ever since I was a little girl. The cookie gun pictured is the one my mother used when my brothers and I were little. She would let us press the cookies onto the cookie sheet and we thought that was such fun! She gave it to me years ago and Ive been using it every Christmas. The box is pretty worn, but all the pieces are still there.
1 c, butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 t. almond or lemon extract
1/4 t. salt
2 1/4 c. sifted flour
1/4 t. baking powder
food coloring
Cream butter and sugar well. Beat in egg and extract. Gradually blend in dry ingredients which have been sifted together. Tent dough with food coloring. Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate with tiny candies if desired. Bake at 300 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.


1 comment:
Patti
I loved the story of your cookie gun :) Lots of memories are made doing things together in the kitchen.
Merry Christmas~
Hugs Lisa
Post a Comment